Friday, December 23, 2011

Songs I Have to Hear Every Year

Confession:  I started this blog back in January of this year and have been looking forward to writing about my favorite Christmas music since then.  

At the time I was under the impression that I absolutely loved most Christmas music and looked forward to sharing some of it with my faithful readers (all five of them).

But I realized something this year.  I don't love much Christmas music at all.  In fact, I have narrowed it down to a few albums and songs that I find myself listening to repeatedly.  So when I was thinking about what my favorite Christmas songs are, it was a much easier job than I thought it would be.  I just thought about the songs I HAVE to hear each year, and the list ended up being about 25 songs.  Appropriate - I know.

So here they are - from least to greatest.  Enjoy them - discover them - play them again and again.  But most of all have a Merry Christmas.  Because that is what I am about to be doin' right now.




24. Joseph's Lullaby - Mercy Me
23. I Saw Three Ships - Robert Shaw
22. Drummer Boy - Mercy Me
19. Ludacrismas - Ludacris
18. Meet Me Under the Mistletoe - Randy Travis
16. The Night Before Christmas - Amy Grant
15. Christmas in Killarney - Bing Crosby
13. Here Comes Santa Claus - The Mills Brothers
9. Jingle Bells - Bing Crosby
8. Silent Night - Mercy Me
7. This Christmas - Chris Brown
6. Pretty Paper - Randy Travis
5. If You Don't Wanna See Santa Claus Cry - Alan Jackson
4. In the Bleak Midwinter - Robert Shaw
3. White Christmas - Bing Crosby
2. I Celebrate the Day - Relient K
1. I Heard the Bells - Mercy Me

No comments:

Post a Comment