Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Baby Girl

I am going to be a father.  My wife is currently bearing our soon to be daughter, and I am so excited to be able to hold her.  I can't wait to read stories to her (and make voices for each character).  I can't wait to teach her how to throw a baseball.  I can't wait to serenade her with off-key versions of my favorite Mills Brothers songs.  I can't wait to sit down and have a talk with her future potential boyfriends.  Actually, I can wait on that.  Until she is 25.


What a wonderful God.  I know I say it often, but it needs to be said often.  When I look at my past and who I was - the things I did - it is very clear that God must truly love me gracefully.

Because I don't deserve to have a kid.

But we are, and I cannot wait.  Thank the Lord that He knows me fully and forgives my misdoings.  



So we were in the ultrasound room yesterday - looking at our infant - and it was so amazing.  We actually saw the heart beating.  All four chambers pumping in sync to the rhythm God gave that little girl.  We saw her brain developing, and we witnessed her stubbornness as she refused to turn and lay in the "baby pose".  Where does that stubbornness come from?  From both her mother and myself - no question about it.  This kid is gonna stomp the yard with her personality.  Bring that on.

But the best part was seeing her face.  Or rather...seeing her skull, because her skin has not yet developed fully.  So weird, and kinda creepy.  I am now calling our daughter SKELETOR, and I will be shouting it in my best cheesy announcer voice should you ever here it cross my lips.  I have also included a picture of what our baby currently resembles.

SKELETOR!!!!!


I can't wait to hold my daughter.




I am so nervous already.  That's how I am feelin' right now.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, sir. Took me a VERY long time to find this blog, but I'm glad I did. I hope the baby's fine and everything. BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL....

    Posting this up here either to mentally shorten or prolong your wait, depending on how long you can stand this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMczP7ae2v8 This set of music tracks was used for late night BBC tests near the end of the 1970s when television was not 24/7. Personally, I don't mind it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This almost made me cry! So sweet- that is one lucky girl :)

    ReplyDelete